Red Carpet Fashion: every year the red carpet I look forward to the most is for the annual Costume Institute Gala at the MET, which this year honours Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada and the parallels between them and a hypothetical conversation between the two designers. The gala entitled “Impossible Conversations,” attracted designers, musicians, models and actors alike all dressed in the most beautiful designs by the industries best.
Now onto the visual candy - my picks for the best dressed among the ladies. Keep in mind I am fickle and have not seen every look as of yet so I will add to this later tonight. Oddly enough save for a few disasters (Ahem, Mary-Kate Olsen's hair) I did not notice too many fashion missteps but rather an array of glamorous perfectly put together looks all worthy of the event they graced.
- Carey Mulligan in custom Prada
- Emma Stone in custom Lanvin
- Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren Spring 2012
- Lana Del Rey in Altuzarra
- Karolina Kurkova in custom Rachel Zoe
- Gwyneth Paltrow in Prada
- Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior
- Kate Bosworth in custom Prada
- Nina Dobrev in custom Donna Karan
- Chanel Iman in Tom Ford fall 2012 with bonus Tom Ford looking dapper. I think I only included her because of him…
By the way, is anyone else loving the dramatic dark berry and chocolate lips that many attendees were donning?