3 posts tagged charlize theron
Red Carpet Fashion: The 2013 Oscars
Award show season has finally concluded and along with it the parade of gorgeous designer gowns and glamorous stars associated with them. This season has seen a lot of flops, bores and some surprises so you can imagine the sheer joy I felt that overall the ladies at The Oscars looked amazing. The big trends on the red carpet this year were bold metallics, light hues and bold embellishments which lead the way for some amazing stand out looks.
Now on to who made my best dressed list this year:
- This year I was blown away by both Naomi and Jennifer Lawrence which made for a hard time choosing which was the best dressed of the evening. In the end Naomi and her custom Giorgio Armani Prive dark silver sequined gown took top honors. She took one of the biggest risks of the night and it paid off. She wisely kept her accessories to a minimum choosing only a thick bracelet, simple drop earrings and a cocktail ring.
- I cannot even handle how much I adore this girl. I think I spent about 80% of yesterday looking at pre and post Oscar interviews with her and reliving her win via Youtube. Ever since I first laid eyes on this stunning pale blush toned Christian Dior Haute Couture gown I prayed that she would be wearing it for the Oscars and to my shock my dreams came to fruition. This gown was perfect for her Oscar winning moment and will surely be a dress that goes down in history as one of the greats. With her hair tossed up and that stunningly delicate Chopard diamond necklace down her back the focus remained on the gown and her effortless beauty.
- For many this gown was either a hit or a miss and as you can see in my opinion this was definitely a hit. Zoe is always one of the risk takers on the red carpet and is never one to shy away from standing out and choosing bold pieces. This year she wore a pale grey Alexis Mabille Couture gown with crepe bustier, floral appliqués, bow belt and layered skirt from the Spring 2013 collection. She accessorized with long dangling earrings, and Roger Vivier ‘Smocking’ sandals.
- The red haired beauty channeled her inner Jessica Rabbit and wore a custom Armani Privé gown which she said made her feel very “Happy Birthday Mister President.” Yes Jessica, It did. Keeping her accessories to a minimum, Jessica wore a cuff and diamond earrings.from Harry Winston and kept her hair simple and side swept.
- Charlize could wear a garbage bag cinched at the waist with a rope and still look stunning, although I must say that this stunning crisp white silk bustier Dior Haute Couture dress which featured a peplum with embroidered detailing was a better choice.
- Every season when I scroll through images from Oscar de la Renta’s latest collection I fantasize about which red carpet worthy gowns will be donned by which actresses during awards season. So far we have seen his creations on the likes of Tina Fey, Jessica Alba, Zooey Deschanel and Jennifer Garner - just to name a few. For the finale of awards season, The Oscars, miss Amy Adams was the lucky starlet who was able to wear fashion’s Oscar on the red carpet. The Best Supporting Actress nominee wore a fairy tale like pale powder blue ball gown which featured a fluffy, feathery tulle skirt, sweetheart bodice and extravagant train. To complete her look she wisely kept her accessories to a minimum and wore on a braided rope bracelet and diamond drop earrings.
- For her second showing as George Clooney’s arm candy at The Oscars and her second time making my best dressed list for the red carpet, Stacy wore a sparkling gunmetal body con Naeem Khan gown. Her look was rounded off with bling courtesy of Lorraine Schwartz and Giuseppe Zanotti shoes.
So who were your picks for best dressed? Did I leave anyone important out? Sound off in the comments below!
- Vogue UK
- May 2012
- Model: Charlize Theron
- Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
- Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
Charlize is looking absolutely phenomenal in what may be my favourite Vogue UK covers of the year thus far. Patrick Demarchelier photographed Mz. Theron pulling a Jolie in a daring baby blue Versace gown while donning Jimmy Choo heels. This image really encapsulates why exactly editors are so willing to feature her in their respective magazines, she exudes 50’s Hollywood glamour that is reminiscent of Grace Kelly.
Charlize Theron in Dior Couture at the Golden Globes. Every inch of this is perfection and probably my favourite look of the night.
(Image Source: AP)