7 posts tagged jennifer lawrence
Red Carpet Fashion: The 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars After Party
Here are a few stand out looks from this years Vanity Fair After Party.
Red Carpet Fashion: The 2014 Oscars
Better late than never! Sunday night the annual Oscars were held at the Dolby Theatre In LA with Ellen Degeneres serving as host and might I say - she did a great job. From the selfie seen around the world to serving up pizza to starved starlets she kept the viral moments rolling all night long.
This year there were so many lovely after party dresses and so many great red carpet gowns that I have decided to split this years Oscars fashion picks into two posts; starting with the red carpet.
- Kate was by far my best dressed for the night. I originally missed her on the red carpet so when she strutted out in this stunning shimmery champagne Atelier Versace Spring 2014 gown my jaw dropped. The stand out part of this look were the strong shoulders and lightly draped mini cape around them. She brought the old school glamour that now a days seems to be missing from the awards. With such a strong statement dress she wisely kept the accessories to a minimum wearing only a few delicate pieces of jewelry.
- Whenever a young starlet wins her Oscar for the first time I always pray that she accepts it wearing a ‘moment’ gown, much like when Jennifer Lawrence nabbed her Best Actress award in Dior Couture last year. Lupita’s etheral Cinderella-like pale blue custom Prada gown was just that - a moment gown. With its deep plunging neckline and delicate crystal beading along the skirt she definitely saved her best look for last. Fred Leighton provided her with some stunning statement pieces to accent her look including that great headband and statement ear cuff.
- On the red carpet this year Amy stated that she wanted to make sure she was comfortable and relaxed this time around and it is good to see that comfort did not mean sacrificing style. Amy looked smoking in this body hugging silk dark blue custom Gucci Première gown which featured tuxedo-inspired accents. Elaborate ruby drop earrings from Tiffany & Co. Blue Book Collection provided a great touch of drama to this look.
- Olivia definitely won best looking pregnant woman at this years Oscars. Donning a black high necked, body skimming Valentino Pre-Fall 2014 gown and toting her adorable baby daddy, Jason Sudeikis, she looked so beautiful and happy. Don’t even get me started on that perfectly winged eye liner.
- Never one to disappoint and a frequent staple of my best dressed list, Cate knocked it out of the park this year. Drifting away from her signature dramatic, high fashion picks for the red carpet she choose this light, romantic, fully embroidered Armani Prive number which featured Swarovski crystal baguettes and dégradé sequins from the bodice all the way down throughout the full tulle skirt.
- To no one’s surprise J Law once again wore Christian Dior Couture. A much less dramatic look than last years, this red body hugging gown with partial peplum detailing had just as great an impact. My only complaint? The hemline seemed a little too long perhaps contributing to her second tumble at the Oscars.
So who were your picks for best dressed? Who do you feel I am missing?
Well hello there!
It’s been awhile, I know. The past 3 months I have been interning at a PR agency and juggling a few other things so I took a break from blogging for the duration of my time there. Well my time there is coming to a close in the next few weeks so I have decided to get back into the swing of blogging things.
I know I am a little late to the game but to kick things off here are my selections for best dressed ladies at The Golden Globes this past Sunday. Usually I would write about each one and add a witty remark alongside a detailed description of what they are wearing - but alas, I have a head cold and would rather drown in kleenex. So enjoy.
Thanks for sticking around
- Harper’s Bazaar UK
- November 2013
- Model: Jennifer Lawrence
- Photographer: Ben Hassett
- Stylist: Julia Von Boehm
Here we have one of the loves of my life, Jennifer Lawrence, who has nabbed herself the cover of Harper’s Bazaar UK's art issue. Sporting a sultry gaze and a red lip, Jennifer works the classy angle in the studio images by Ben Hassett.
In the accompanying article Jennifer dishes on criticism of her Oscars speech, loving the catering on set and being called fat (WUT?).
On getting criticism for her 2013 Oscars speech:
“[The other person said] Other people are getting up and owning the stage and you sound like a stuttering idiot. Pull it together.’ And I said, ‘I’m not doing it on purpose, I’m uncomfortable and when people get uncomfortable they resort to their sh*t. I make awkward jokes and stutter. That was actually a moment when I really wanted it to be special. That was not the time I wanted to be the Down-home Girl. I wanted to be graceful.”
On loving on set catering:
“My bodyguard Gilbert, right before they call ‘action,’ I’m like, ‘If there aren’t Cheez-Its here by the time they call cut, just go home.’ And he’ll start running. It cracks me up how seriously he takes it …. It’s not my performance that is motivating me. I want to get the on-set catering.”
On being called fat:
“I was young. It was just the kind of shit that actresses have to go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn’t lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. It was just that. [Someone brought it up recently] They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn’t still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I’m above it all. ‘You really still care about that?’ Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt. It doesn’t matter what accolades you get. I know it’ll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like, ‘You can go f*ck yourself.’”
For more of the article and more from Jennifer click here.
I for one cannot wait to see ‘American Hustle’ - her upcoming film starring alongside former co-star Bradley Cooper and directed by David O. Russell - the man her helped her nab her first Oscar. Everything looks so opulently stunning and I loved 'Silver Linings Playbook' so hopefully this does not disappoint.
Make sure to check out the trailer below:
Red Carpet Fashion: The 2013 Oscars
Award show season has finally concluded and along with it the parade of gorgeous designer gowns and glamorous stars associated with them. This season has seen a lot of flops, bores and some surprises so you can imagine the sheer joy I felt that overall the ladies at The Oscars looked amazing. The big trends on the red carpet this year were bold metallics, light hues and bold embellishments which lead the way for some amazing stand out looks.
Now on to who made my best dressed list this year:
- This year I was blown away by both Naomi and Jennifer Lawrence which made for a hard time choosing which was the best dressed of the evening. In the end Naomi and her custom Giorgio Armani Prive dark silver sequined gown took top honors. She took one of the biggest risks of the night and it paid off. She wisely kept her accessories to a minimum choosing only a thick bracelet, simple drop earrings and a cocktail ring.
- I cannot even handle how much I adore this girl. I think I spent about 80% of yesterday looking at pre and post Oscar interviews with her and reliving her win via Youtube. Ever since I first laid eyes on this stunning pale blush toned Christian Dior Haute Couture gown I prayed that she would be wearing it for the Oscars and to my shock my dreams came to fruition. This gown was perfect for her Oscar winning moment and will surely be a dress that goes down in history as one of the greats. With her hair tossed up and that stunningly delicate Chopard diamond necklace down her back the focus remained on the gown and her effortless beauty.
- For many this gown was either a hit or a miss and as you can see in my opinion this was definitely a hit. Zoe is always one of the risk takers on the red carpet and is never one to shy away from standing out and choosing bold pieces. This year she wore a pale grey Alexis Mabille Couture gown with crepe bustier, floral appliqués, bow belt and layered skirt from the Spring 2013 collection. She accessorized with long dangling earrings, and Roger Vivier ‘Smocking’ sandals.
- The red haired beauty channeled her inner Jessica Rabbit and wore a custom Armani Privé gown which she said made her feel very “Happy Birthday Mister President.” Yes Jessica, It did. Keeping her accessories to a minimum, Jessica wore a cuff and diamond earrings.from Harry Winston and kept her hair simple and side swept.
- Charlize could wear a garbage bag cinched at the waist with a rope and still look stunning, although I must say that this stunning crisp white silk bustier Dior Haute Couture dress which featured a peplum with embroidered detailing was a better choice.
- Every season when I scroll through images from Oscar de la Renta's latest collection I fantasize about which red carpet worthy gowns will be donned by which actresses during awards season. So far we have seen his creations on the likes of Tina Fey, Jessica Alba, Zooey Deschanel and Jennifer Garner - just to name a few. For the finale of awards season, The Oscars, miss Amy Adams was the lucky starlet who was able to wear fashion’s Oscar on the red carpet. The Best Supporting Actress nominee wore a fairy tale like pale powder blue ball gown which featured a fluffy, feathery tulle skirt, sweetheart bodice and extravagant train. To complete her look she wisely kept her accessories to a minimum and wore on a braided rope bracelet and diamond drop earrings.
- For her second showing as George Clooney's arm candy at The Oscars and her second time making my best dressed list for the red carpet, Stacy wore a sparkling gunmetal body con Naeem Khan gown. Her look was rounded off with bling courtesy of Lorraine Schwartz and Giuseppe Zanotti shoes.
So who were your picks for best dressed? Did I leave anyone important out? Sound off in the comments below!
- Interview Germany
- April 2012 (cover)
- Model: Jennifer Lawrence
- Photographer: Matthias Vriens-McGrath
- Stylist: Elizabeth Stewart
Everyone’s favourite “it” girl rocking a signature bodysuit by Dolce & Gabbana.
Jennifer Lawrence wearing a lovely Gucci dress and photographed by Max Abadian for the June 2011 cover of Flare Magazine. SO the real question is is who wore it better? Jennifer or Bambi?