32 posts tagged miu miu
Wanted: I have been trying to find the perfect pair of rounded sunglasses which has turned out to be a harder task than expected. I am obsessed with sunglasses so I have become very particular with my tastes but last night I think I finally stumbled upon a pair that capture my heart.
Red Carpet Fashion: The 70th Golden Globe Awards
Last night was The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards, which fashion aside tends to be my favourite awards show of the season. I loved the more relaxed vibe with the round tables and drinks flowing. Overall the celebrities seem to be having a lot more fun, this could be due to the flowing drinks but nevertheless. The year The Golden Globe Awards completely knocked out the competition and was most definitely the best one in years, this was largely in part due to hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler who were funny, quick and a joy to watch. Honourable humorous mentions go to Sasha Baron Cohen who with a drink in hand while he dissed his co stars and Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell’s bit as well as Jennifer Lawrence and Adele’s adorable and funny winning speeches.
Now to the part I always love the most, the beautiful gowns of the Globes. Here are my picks for the ladies that stood out the most this year in a good way (excluding my pick for best dressed of the evening).
- Dons a Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture gown which is not surprising as she is the new face of Dior. Her red carpet hued gown was accented by simply a metallic belt and box clutch.
- Choose a gown from Oscar de la Renta’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection and paired it with a Harry Winston diamond bib necklace and Roger Vivier ‘Pochette Prisme Poodle’ clutch. Unlike Nicole Richie, Jessica managed to make matching her makeup to her gown not look weird. I could have done without the bling but overall she looked stunning.
- Wore a nude, semi-sheer embellished Miu Miu dress paired with Prada pointy toed pumps and a Prada satin clutch. I think that Kerry may officially be one of my favourite woman to watch on the red carpet this year after all of her fantastic looks during her promo tour for ‘Django Unchained’. I cannot wait to see what she wear to the Oscars.
- Now, a lot of people were not a fan of this floral print Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2013 ball gown but I for one think it is simply amazing. The fit makes her tiny waist look amazing, the ski blue hue against her skin is beautiful and her fishtail braid over her shoulder compliments the look perfectly.
- Wore a floor length Givenchy Couture custom-made gown in a nude hue with sheer lace panels paired with long light waves and simple makeup. I love how ethereal she looks after all of the edgy dramatic appearances she has made as of late.
- I am not the biggest fan of Anne, but when it comes to the red carpet she rarely disappoints. This year she wore a winter white Chanel Couture piece from the Spring 2006 collection. Of wearing Chanel she was quoted as saying that she “feels like herself” in Chanel. Must be nice Anne.
- Finally Tina Fey has brought it and looks 100% put together for a red carpet and when it counted to most. The brunette half of the hosting team for this years show wore a custom L’Wren Scott cream silk dress with black Chantilly lace embroidery and a scalloped hemline. The look was accessorized by a Roger Vivier clutch and Ferragamo black pumps.
UpClose: details at Miu Miu Spring 2013 at Paris Fashion Week.
- Miu Miu
- Paris Fashion Week // Spring 2013
Once again Miuccia Prada has taken her inspiration from the luxurious glamour expected of the 60’s and I for one am not complaining. In an attempt to divert from the typical feel of the decade some interesting materials were used throughout. Long denim coats were layered over little midriff baring tops and high waisted skirts were constructed out of shiny plastic like materials. Ultra elegant furs were draped over many of the models and featured interesting tie-dyed effects. As Miuccia herself said to WWD:
“It’s about elegance, not elegance. Couture, not couture. Tailoring, not tailoring,”
Overall I enjoyed the collection much more than last seasons but I ended up feeling as if it became a little expected and repetitive as well as more fall than spring.
- Miu Miu
- Paris Fashion Week Fall 2012
At first glance one can clearly identify the inspiration behind Miuccia Prada’s latest collection for Miu Miu: Menswear and the 70s.
Taking a cue from its big sister Prada, at Miu Miu it was all about the pantsuit, this time in bold, retro prints in jewel tones, raspberry, tan, royal blue and various brown hues. The garish prints on the suits purposefully clashed with the dress shirts that I am sure if you took away from the looks would be quite nice. This also goes for the bags, accessories and shoes that I am sure will all be quite popular.
Thus far during fashion month we have seen many menswear inspired items and I have been waiting for a collection featuring this inspiration to “wow” me and sadly this one did not. However, due to the immense dedication that fans have for Miu Miu I am sure that this will end up being someones cup of tea.
In my opinion, the makeup was quite hideous and overall the collection was very disappointing and boring. I am always a lover of fun prints and clashing but many of the garments went beyond the acceptable amount of clashing. For me the saving grace were the linked shift dresses that were styled over collared shirts that closed the show.
So what did you think of this season?
UpClose: Miu Miu fall 2012
Sky Ferriera photographed by Terry Richardson in a lovely pair of Miu Miu frames.
(Image Source: terrysdiary.com)
- Metal Magazine (Cover)
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Model: Bambi Northwood-Blyth
- Photographer: JM Ferrater
I must say, I miss seeing Bambi around. One minute she was everywhere and lately I have been noticing her absence.
I would also like to point out how utterly stunning the makeup is in this photo. Alongside that lovely Miu Miu number it is so eye catching.
(Image Source: sidewalkhustle.com)
- Miu Miu
- Paris Fashion Week Spring 2012 runway show
Miuccia Prada brings us the very last show of the Spring 2012 season and they ended it well. The collection which Miuccia decrees was made within two weeks beamed with folksy pride and had a certain cold feeling to it. Midriff baring tops, a-line skirts, layers of wool all had their place in the collection alongside oxblood, cherry red and cerulean tones. Although there were some parallels to Miu Miu’s big sister label Prada it stood along and seemed to run off in an interesting yet entirely different direction. Not to mention I am sure that we will be seeing the booties in street style photos very soon.
Also THOSE HANDBAGS. That is all. :)
Hailee Steinfeld photographed by Bruce Weber for the Miu Miu fall 2011 campaign.
Here is a preview of the Miu Miu fall 2011 campaign featuring Hailee Steinfeld and photographed by Bruce Weber.
Miu Miu pumps at RAFW photographed by Phil Oh for Vogue.com
These adorable pumps are from the Miu Miu Spring 2011