19 posts tagged red carpet fashion
Red Carpet Fashion: The CFDA Fashion Awards were held Monday evening in New York at Alice Tully Hall at the Lincoln Center and celebrate the contributions of individuals in the world of American fashion. Every year I look forward to this event as it semi concludes a season of amazing red carpet showings that include the Met Gala and the Cannes Film Festival. However, to be honest I felt that overall I was disappointed by the looks we saw. Nothing felt all the special or risky, and nothing really wowed me. In a sea of let downs I did manage to find two ladies whom never disappoint and made the awards worth mentioning today.
- Thank god for Nicole Richie and her ability to always look amazing and never let me down. She rocked this amazing gold slinky Marc Jacobs Fall 2013 slip gown that oozed of 90’s cool. Flaunting a lot of side boob and a sexy open back she managed to still look elegant by pulling her hair up into a sleek tight updo and rocking a matte red lip. She accessorized with Jennifer Meyer jewels, Giuseppe Zanotti heels and a cream Louboutin clutch.
- My favourite socialite wore a fringed Dennis Basso Spring 2013 frock. The queen of accessorizing did not disappoint choosing a gold leaf choker, gold waist belt,Zara clutch and Zara lace up booties.
Did anyone else stand out for you?
Red Carpet Fashion: The 2013 annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art entitled “Punk: Chaos To Couture” kicks off tonight with its infamous red carpet arrivals. Nicknamed the Oscars of the fashion world starlets, models, designers, stylists and tastemakers alike take the MET steps by storm in only the most stunning of designer gowns. To watch it live make sure to CLICK HERE. As always I will be watching and tweeting along before posting my final favourites.
Here is a list of confirmed arrivals and whom they will be wearing:
Lena Dunham – Erdem
Nina Dobrev – Monique Lhuillier
Karolina Kourkova – Mary Katrantzou
Amber Heard – Emilio Pucci
Emily Blunt, Minka Kelly, Vanessa Redgrave – Carolina Herrera
Darren Criss – Richard Chai
Elizbeth Banks – Brian Atwood footwear. Dress tbc
Anna Wintour, Diane Kruger, Bella Heathcote and January Jones – Chanel Couture
Gwen Stefani – Maison Martin Margiela
Jennifer Lopez and Miranda Kerr – Michael Kors
Jessica Alba and Ginnifer Goodwin – Tory Burch
Miley Cyrus – Marc Jacobs
Naomie Harris, Hailee Steinfeld, Jennifer Morrison, Emmy Rossum – Donna Karan Atelier
Kerry Washington – Vera Wang
Rita Ora - Thakoon
Lily Collins, Kylie Minogue, Pixie Geldof and Carina Lau – Moschino
Coco Rocha – Emanuel Ungaro by Fausto Puglisi
Kate Beckinsale and Liya Kebede – Alberta Ferretti
Armie Hammer and Emilia Clarke – Ralph Lauren
Jessica Pare, Alicia Keys and Zhang Ziyi - Jason Wu
So who are you excited to see? I for one am looking forward to seeing how my two best dressed ladies from last year Nina Dobrev and Karolina Kourkova kick it up a notch. I am also pretty interested to see Miley Cyrus and Emilia Clarke.
Ps. Click here to check out last years best dressed list and see who made the cut.
Red Carpet Fashion: For me, this is heaven. First off I am a massive Star Trek and J.J. Abrams fan so you can only imagine how excited I am that ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ is coming out soon. Secondly I have a massive girl crush on Zoe Saldana and love her style and bold choices that only she can pull off because she is so comfortable and confident in whatever she is wearing. Combine the two and I cannot even handle myself.
For the flicks London premiere yesterday she chose a Vionnet Pre-Fall 2013 gown with a pretty embellished bodice and piecey white skirt that gave a peak at her lean stems. She completed her look with a side swept updo and Christian Louboutin peep-toes.
So far she has looked steller at all premiere and media events for the film and if this is an indication I am excited to see the rest of the Star Trek promo tour.
Red Carpet Fashion: The White House Correspondents Association Dinner 2013
Every year the White House honors the media and the stars come out in troves as guests, of course dressed to the nines. This year at the event held on Saturday night in Washington, DC. at the Washington Hilton Katy Perry, Kerry Washington, Kate Mara and more dazzled in stunning gowns that did not go unnoticed.
- The ‘Smurfs 2’ star wore a stunning Giambattista Valli Fall 2012 Couture silk draped moss-green gown with a pretty broze branch belt that managed to still feel very Katy while being appropriate for the evening.
- Jessica would have made Don Draper proud channeling retro glamour in this Antonio Berardi one shouldered midnight blue gown with black panels. She accessorized with Nam Cho jewels and Roger Vivier clutch all in various blue tones.
- Michelle chose a stunning violet gown with peplum detailing from Elie Saab’s Fall 2013 collection which was cinched at the waist with a metallic belt and accessorized with metallic bangles and a clutch. Overall it was just such an effortless look comes with wearing an Elie Saab creation.
- As one of my favorite fashion darlings of 2013 she did not disappoint me choosing an on trend for spring black and white Wes Gordon Fall 2013 gown. For the more conservative outing she removed the black leather gloves the gown was seen with on the runway, added a full fringe to her hair and accessorized with Vhemier jewels and a Jil Milan clutc
- The ‘House of Cards’ actress chose an all white gown from Prada - which many might see as plain but I thought was very appropriate and elegant for the evening. She added a fun pop of colour with a lime-green Prada clutch and kept her hair simple while letting her smokey eyes do the talking.
- Game of Thrones’ future queen of the realm wore a pearl studded Marios Schwab Fall 2011 gown. She accessorized with a emerald green Elahn ring, Edie Parker ‘Jean’ clutch and simple stud earrings.
Who were your choices for best dressed? Who do you think I am missing?
Red Carpet Fashion: For the London premiere of ‘Oblivion’ this past week its female lead, Olga Kurylenko stole the show in a jaw dropping winter-white Grecian-style Marchesa Pre-Fall 2013 off-the-shoulder gown. I love the contrast of the white fabric and the black lace along the sweetheart neckline. It all just looks so effortless.
She complimented the ethereal gown with a smokey eye and a simple center parted ponytail. Accessory wise she chose diamond star De Beers earrings and a black-and-gold Stark ‘Seductress’ Swarovski crystal clutch.
I think I have a new starlet to watch on the red carpet this year.
Red Carpet Fashion: This weekend celebs came out in strides for the 2013 NFL Honors Awards at Mahalia Jackson Theater in New Orleans, Louisiana.
There were quite a few stand out looks but ‘The Vampire Diaries’ starlet Nina Dobrev caught my attention in an adorable light blue Zuhair Murad Spring 2013 confection. The mini dress featured a nude bodice with delicate lace overlay and a poufy, flirty skirt with architectural lines and a mix of floral and geometric prints. She wisely kept the accessories to a minimum adding only a silver clutch which matched her silver Jimmy Choo heels.
Red Carpet Fashion: The 2013 SAG Awards
As always here is my list of who, in my opinion, were the best dressed of the evening at the 2013 Screen Actor’s Guild Awards last night held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.
Overall I felt a little underwhelmed, especially after last year’s exceptional looks from Emma Stone (In Alexander McQueen) and Zoe Saldana in (Givenchy Haute Couture). Alas there were some eye popping hues, sweet confections and couture straight off the runway from Paris. So lets get to it:
- After an ethereal showing in Givenchy Couture at The Golden Globes she took a dark glamourous turn and donned a Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2013 gown unconventionally paired with a long Lorraine Schwartz pendant necklace.
- Lets get this out of the way, I am disregarding her dip dyed hair because aside from that small misstep this was one of my favourite looks of the night. Lea chose a vibrant pink Valentino Resort 2013 gown with a strapless neckline paired with Jimmy Choo pumps. I love that she forwent her usual over the top sexy alter ego for such a sweet girlie look. One thing I wanted to point out about Lea is that she always just seems to feel really good in what she is wearing and look happy in it. I think that is an important point about fashion in general, no matter what list she ends up on she just really enjoys her time on the red carpet and therefore she just always looks amazing.
- This should be the standard for how all young ladies should dress for award shows. The Mad Men darling wore an Oscar de la Renta petal-pink embellished dress paired with Oscar de la Renta strappy peep toed pumps. Wavy, glossy locks and simple makeup with a natural pink lip shade completed the look.
- Now onto my red carpet darling who wore a stunning structured white gown from Rodarte. The look was accessorized with white python Christian Louboutin ‘Batignolles’ pumps and a metallic snakeskin Judith Leiber clutch. I could go on as always about how much I adored this look and why but I will spare you this time.
- Finally someone wearing Marchesa, I was wondering when the red carpet favourite would make an appearance and I could not be happier. The strapless silver metallic embroidered, crystal embellished, figure hugging gown fit like a glove and managed not to completely wash out the fair skinned star. Faberge jewels, Christian Louboutin satin ‘Angelique’ heels and a hot pink lip completed this glamourous look.
- Well, she may have showed up on the red carpet sans her best male accessory
*cough* Ian Somerhalder *cough*but she still managed to stun as always. Nina, like Lea Michele chose a vibrant hued pink gown, but instead of going adorably girlie she went the sexy route donning an Elie Saab Spring 2013 confection. Accessorizing with beautiful drop earring and a Judith Leiber clutch this is another eye popping look that tops my list.
- After reviewing the Giambattisa Valli Spring 2013 Couture collection last week this was definitely one of my top gowns that I wanted to see straight off the runway and on the red carpet this season. The crystal embroidered corset top featured a sheer top panel and full tulle skirt. The looked was completed with Jimmy Choo ‘Kalpa’ peep toes and an Edie Parker clutch. Anne managed to look feminine while remaining sophisticated with her feathery short do’ and bright pink hued lip.
Red Carpet Fashion: Over the past year I have become increasingly impressed with the young Chloe Moretz’s red carpet appearances. She always manages to look well put together with her hair and makeup on point and is not opposed to taking risks.
At the LA premiere of ‘Movie 43’ this week she did just that and it paid off in a big way. Clad in in a Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo jacket with embroidered, flocked lapels over a ruffled white blouse and tapered cigarette pants. She added a dash of femininity with her pointed toed, bow clad Dolce & Gabbana satin heels.
Red Carpet Fashion: Camilla Belle is one starlet who hardly never missed a beat when it comes to red carpet and continuously knocks it out of the park.
At the 2013 Art of Elysium ‘Heaven’ Gala in California, actress Camilla Belle for the second year in a row chose to wear a gown by Carolina Herrera. Looking like she was ready to play the part of a Disney princess she paired the pre-fall 2013 bustier, polka dotted, off the shoulder gown with Van Cleef & Arpels jewels and a navy Jimmy Choo ‘Tube’ clutch.
Red Carpet Fashion: The Golden Globes
Last night there were many stand out ladies that donned some very stunning gowns that were styled with pretty impeccable execution.
However no one seemed to stand out like auburn haired beauty Julianne Moore. As a long time muse of Tom Ford and star of his directorial debut, ‘A Single Man’, she of course was lucky enough to wear one of his own creations. The black and white gown itself was very simple and minimalistic with a streamlined silhouette and featured a sexy open draped back. She accessorized with Bvlgari jewels and an embossed box clutch. Her hair was pulled back into a tight, side swept undo and her makeup was left very simple all completing and complimenting such an elegant look.
Who was your pick for best dressed?
Red Carpet Fashion: The 70th Golden Globe Awards
Last night was The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards, which fashion aside tends to be my favourite awards show of the season. I loved the more relaxed vibe with the round tables and drinks flowing. Overall the celebrities seem to be having a lot more fun, this could be due to the flowing drinks but nevertheless. The year The Golden Globe Awards completely knocked out the competition and was most definitely the best one in years, this was largely in part due to hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler who were funny, quick and a joy to watch. Honourable humorous mentions go to Sasha Baron Cohen who with a drink in hand while he dissed his co stars and Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell’s bit as well as Jennifer Lawrence and Adele’s adorable and funny winning speeches.
Now to the part I always love the most, the beautiful gowns of the Globes. Here are my picks for the ladies that stood out the most this year in a good way (excluding my pick for best dressed of the evening).
- Dons a Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture gown which is not surprising as she is the new face of Dior. Her red carpet hued gown was accented by simply a metallic belt and box clutch.
- Choose a gown from Oscar de la Renta’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection and paired it with a Harry Winston diamond bib necklace and Roger Vivier ‘Pochette Prisme Poodle’ clutch. Unlike Nicole Richie, Jessica managed to make matching her makeup to her gown not look weird. I could have done without the bling but overall she looked stunning.
- Wore a nude, semi-sheer embellished Miu Miu dress paired with Prada pointy toed pumps and a Prada satin clutch. I think that Kerry may officially be one of my favourite woman to watch on the red carpet this year after all of her fantastic looks during her promo tour for ‘Django Unchained’. I cannot wait to see what she wear to the Oscars.
- Now, a lot of people were not a fan of this floral print Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2013 ball gown but I for one think it is simply amazing. The fit makes her tiny waist look amazing, the ski blue hue against her skin is beautiful and her fishtail braid over her shoulder compliments the look perfectly.
- Wore a floor length Givenchy Couture custom-made gown in a nude hue with sheer lace panels paired with long light waves and simple makeup. I love how ethereal she looks after all of the edgy dramatic appearances she has made as of late.
- I am not the biggest fan of Anne, but when it comes to the red carpet she rarely disappoints. This year she wore a winter white Chanel Couture piece from the Spring 2006 collection. Of wearing Chanel she was quoted as saying that she “feels like herself” in Chanel. Must be nice Anne.
- Finally Tina Fey has brought it and looks 100% put together for a red carpet and when it counted to most. The brunette half of the hosting team for this years show wore a custom L’Wren Scott cream silk dress with black Chantilly lace embroidery and a scalloped hemline. The look was accessorized by a Roger Vivier clutch and Ferragamo black pumps.
Red Carpet Fashion: Thank heavens that Gangster Squad’s premiere is finally here, not just because it looks amazing and you know, Ryan Gosling, but because this means we finally get to see some stunning red carpet looks à la Emma Stone.
It has been way too long since Emma Stone has paraded her covetable style throughout a films press tour and now that she is back she did not disappoint.
Here she is at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood for the LA premiere of ‘Gangster Squard’ wearing an adorable dress from Lanvin’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection (she is also the first star to don a piece from any pre-fall collection on the red carpet I might add). The red, strapless dress featured a sweetheart neckline and a brocade print. The head to toe red look was pulled together with a ‘Passion’ box clutch, a red ‘Babylon’ crystal necklace and a red ‘Volubilis’ crystal flower brooch - all from Lanvin, and Christian Louboutin ‘Batignolles’ heels.
Red Carpet Fashion: I often find that Kerry Washington plays it safe on the red carpet but boy did she step it up this time.
This week during a photocall at the Hassler Hotel in Rome, Italy for her ‘Django Unchained’ promo tour she wowed in an eye popping Peter Pilotto Spring 2013 dress. The sleeveless wrap dress with bright pops of lime green and electric blue featured exaggerated ruffles and a daring thigh high slit. She wisely kept her accessories at a minimum and opted for a pair of navy Nicholas Kirkwood pumps to finish off the look.
On a side note everyone should go see ‘Django Unchained” pronto.
Red Carpet Fashion: I have been obsessed with Les Misérables eversince I can remember so it is no surprise that I simply cannot wait until the newest feature film is released this month starring Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Anne Hathway. I remember when I first saw the trailer for the film and heard Anne Hathaway singing “I Dreamed a Dream” as Fantine I instantly began tearing up.
Now enough about the movie and more about the stunning looks Anne Hathaway has been rocking at various premieres and events this past week for the film.
The first look (which is also her most recent look) pictured above was donned at the Les Misérables New York premiere and a daring one it was. Outfitted in a stand out Tom Ford spring 2013 dress and Tom Ford knee high bondage like boots, Anne took a risk that definitely payed off.
The second photo shows her at The Roundhouse in Camden in London for the after party following the world premiere of Les Misérables wearing a spring 2013 dress from Altuzarra accessorized with her custom Casadei midnight-blue satin pumps and a gold Jill Milan 450 Sutter clutch.
In the third photo she wore a dress from The Row’s spring 2013 collection to the Les Misérables screening after party held at Porterhouse in New York City.
Lastly shown is her red carpet look for the premiere of Les Misérables in London. Anne wore a halter Givenchy Couture gown from the spring 2012 collection that some loved and some hated.
So what do you think of Anne’s looks thus far for Les Misérables events? What were your favourite looks?
Red Carpet Fashion: Is it weird that I was scrolling through red carpet images on my phone, saw this photo and then could not wait to get home and post it simply because it was of the love of my life?
Yes, Emma Stone is the love of my life and if you read my blog regularly you would know this seeing as she appears on here at least once a week.
Here she is at the 2012 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards in New York City last night wearing a Burberry Prorsum Spring 2013 look. The straight off the runway navy-blue satin bustier top and emerald green sequinned pencil skirt was paired with black Louboutin heels. Her look was completed with natural makeup and light bouncy straight locks.